Monday, September 23, 2013

Incubator Classroom at Conversations in Celebration of Teaching

Incubator Classroom at Conversations in Celebration of Teaching


On Friday (Sept 20), I participated in Auburn University's first Conversations in Celebration of Teaching, an internal conference allowing faculty to showcase how they are using new methods in their teaching.  This year's focus was definitely on the e-portfolio, with lots of posters on assessment, rubrics, assignments.  However, some of the posters covered other aspects of innovative teaching as well, such as flipping the classroom or taking an introductory Spanish course completely online.

I was invited to participate as one of the supporting units, focusing on the Incubator Classroom.  My oldfashioned poster brought some interested folks to my table, so I am hoping that I will get more of the word out and more faculty interested in teaching in this kind of setting.
Poster at Conversation in Celebration of Teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment